IT ESSENTIALS 5.0
The Internet is changing life as we know it—bringing new opportunities to communities throughout the world, and increasing the global demand for information and communication technology (ICT) skills. Innovations such as social networking, cloud computing, and mobile devices are changing the way we live, work, play, and learn. These innovations are all powered by networks, and there is a shortage of qualified ICT candidates to design, install, and
manage these networks.
The Cisco Networking Academy® IT Essentials curriculum provides an introduction to the technical skills needed to help meet the growing demand for entry-level ICT professionals. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of computer hardware and software as well as advanced concepts such as security, networking, and the responsibilities of an ICT professional.
The curriculum offers the following features and benefits:
- Students develop working knowledge of how computers operate, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Hands-on labs and the Virtual Laptop and Virtual Desktop learning tools help students develop critical thinking and
complex problem-solving skills.
- Updated, relevant curriculum and labs are delivered in the Cisco NetSpace™ learning environment and include
new topics such as mobile devices and client side virtualization.
- The course emphasizes the practical application of skills and procedures needed for hardware and software
installations, upgrades, and troubleshooting.
- Cisco® Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking and network
security concepts, while allowing students to experiment with network behavior.
- Online assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- The course helps students develop the career skills needed to successful communicate within an ICT
business environment and interact with customers.