CCNA - VOICE
TARGET AUDIENCE AND PRE-REQUISITES:
This course targets ICT staff responsible for planning, designing, installing, configuring and administering voice networks. Participants are expected to have undergone CCNA training.
This course provides extensive hands-on labs which will enhance the participant’s understanding of how to design, build and troubleshoot converged networks. The course required skill set for specialized job roles in voice technologies such as voice technologies administrator, voice engineer, and voice manager. It addresses required skills in VoIP technologies such as IP PBX, IP telephony, handset, call control, and voicemail solutions.
The course is offered using a blended learning model of lectures, assessment and practical exercises based on Cisco VoIP equipment and applications.
By the end of this training the participant will achieve these general objectives:
- Describe the components of a Cisco Unified Communications solution and identify call signaling and media stream flows.
- Provide an overview of administrator and end-user interface options in Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express, Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Connection, and Cisco Unified Presence.
- Understand call flows in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Perform endpoint and end-user administration tasks in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Describe the telephony features supported in Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.
- Administer users in Cisco Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Presence, and enable the most commonly used features for both applications.
- Describe how to maintain a Cisco Unified Communications solution.
ASSOCIATED CERTIFICATION INFORMATION:
This training maps to the objectives of the CCNA Voice (640-461 ICOMM) Certification. The exam assesses skills and knowledge related to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 8.0 (CUCM) 8.0 which is typically employed by large organizations such as governments, large companies, and institutions.