CCNA SECURITY AT A GLANCE.
The Internet is changing life as we know it – bringing new economic and social opportunities to communities throughout the world, and increasing the global demand for information and communication technology (ICT) skills. Security and risk management skills are among the most highly sought after skills in networking, and demand continues to grow.
Organizations around the world are experiencing a shortage of qualified ICT candidates with the specialized knowledge and skills needed to administer devices and applications in a secure infrastructure, recognize network vulnerabilities, and mitigate security threats.
The CCNA® Security course provides a next step for individuals who want to enhance their CCNA-level skill set and help meet the growing demand for network security professionals. The curriculum provides an introduction to the core security concepts and skills needed for the installation, monitoring, and troubleshooting of network security features to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data and devices.
CCNA Security is a hands-on, career-oriented e-learning solution with an emphasis on practical experience to help students develop specialized security skills, along with critical thinking and complex problem solving skills. The curriculum helps prepare students for entry-level security career opportunities and the globally recognized Cisco® CCNA Security certification, which helps students differentiate themselves in the marketplace with specialist skills to advance their careers.
CCNA Security provides an in-depth, theoretical, and hands-on introduction to network security, in a logical sequence driven by technologies. CCNA Security includes the following features:
- Students develop an in-depth, theoretical understanding of network security principles as well as the tools and configurations available.
- The courses emphasize the practical application of skills needed to design, implement, and support network security.
- Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills.
- Cisco Packet Tracer simulation-based learning activities promote the exploration of networking security concepts and allow students to experiment with network behavior and ask “what if” questions.
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills.
- Can be delivered in-person or in a blended distance learning (BDL) environment